Journeys-Inglis' Mobile Peer Partnership
Journeys Program Enrollment
Thank you for your interest in the Journeys Program.
Steps for Enrollment:
- Journeys serves adults, 21 and older, that have a major mental health diagnosis, as well as a physical disability.
- Individuals must have a physical disability and be assessed by a psychiatrist giving a recommendation for certified peer specialist services.
- Individuals must be capable of meeting with a Journeys Peer (face-to-face and over the phone) and have a desire to improve his/her quality of life.
- Complete TWO forms -1) the Journeys Enrollment Application, and 2) the Journeys Psychiatric Evaluation (links will open in a new window):
Submit your completed Enrollment Application, along with:
- Signed Psychiatric evaluation dated within the last 6 months
- Other supplemental documents may be requested during enrollment (ID, medical cards, etc.)
Once your application has been reviewed and approved for Journeys services, you will be assigned to an LCPS within 3 business days of approval.
- Waitlist Disclaimer: If an applicant is eligible and approved for services, but there is no current Journeys Peer availability, the applicant will be placed on a waitlist maintained by program leadership and applicant will be notified. (Applicants will be pulled off the waitlist in the order which completed applications were approved.)
Once you are assigned to a Journeys Peer, you will work together to complete the enrollment packet. The packet will include at least the following elements:
- Available services and goals of the program.
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Privacy Practices
- Discharge Criteria
- Consent to Participate
- You will receive a copy of the signed enrollment agreement and a copy of the enrollment packet and begin working together with your Journeys Peer.
You will be asked to complete the following forms to gather some more basic information and to begin determining what goals you would like to work on with your Journeys Peer:
- Releases of Information
- Face Sheet
- Personal Vision Assessment
- Individual Service Plan
- Community Integration Tool
- Mental health assessment forms
If you have questions or any problems, please do not hesitate to call us at 215-581-3121 or email us at Journeys@inglis.org.