Self-Determination Housing of Pennsylvania (SDHP)
SDHP’s Home Modifications Program Is Back!
Our Keystone Communities Program/PA Accessible Housing Grant provides physical home modifications to help increase accessibility for eligible individuals with disabilities in Pennsylvania so they can remain independent in their homes. This Project is financed by a grant from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Community & Economic Development.
Home modifications may include but are not limited to any of the following:
- Modifications to the exterior of the home, such as ramps, lifts, door widening or door replacement that will improve the ability of a person with a disability to enter or exit the home,
- Modifications within the home, such as widening hallways, lowering kitchen counters, enlarging bathrooms, adding grab bars, etc., that will increase the abilities of a person with a disability to perform activities of daily living,
- Other modifications that will enable a person with a disability to remain in the home and prevent institutionalization.
Please note that the grant funds may not be used for the following:
To modify units owned and/or operated by public housing authorities,
To modify a facility licensed by the Department of Human Services,
To correct code violations, or
To build additions to the existing home.
Eligibility criteria at-a-glance:
- Income levels must not exceed 120% of area median income (all household income must be verified through proper documentation).
- Priority given to individuals residing in counties not receiving financial assistance through other programs.*
- Homeowners need proof of homeowners’ insurance coverage.
- Renters need a landlord letter of approval/permission for home modifications.
- Applicant cannot be receiving other public funded assistance or waivers.
Applications are now being accepted!
For more information, please call (610) 873-9595 (then press 2), or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact us today to:
- Receive answers to all your questions.
- Learn further details about this program.
- Gain insight about eligibility requirements.
*Keep in mind that SDHP has some flexibility from DCED due to timing limits and the current pandemic environment.