Environmental Services Lead Attendant (HORSHAM, PA)
Inglis enables people with disabilities – and those who care for them – to achieve their goals and live life to the fullest. The Environmental Services Lead Attendant has three areas of primary responsibility:
(1) Serve as an onsite liaison between the customer(s) and Inglis Community Employment Services, oversee your teams daily work and delegate assignments.
(2) Provide and maintain a clean environment in all assigned areas with routine cleaning tasks that include disinfection, dusting, mopping, and trash removal, as well as routine floor care (carpet shampooing/extraction and VCT buffing, stripping, and waxing)
(3) Order supplies and maintain inventory
Education & Experience
In addition to the necessary skills and experience to perform the responsibilities outlined above, there are a number of traits that a successful candidate will possess.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid PA Driver's License
- 2+ years of experience as environmental services attendant/technician/custodian
- Ability and experience in using floor care equipment (i.e., auto-scrubber, buffer, burnisher) for carpet cleaning and stripping and waxing VCT flooring
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate (orally and written), using the English language
- Good customer service skills
- Ability and willingness to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to problem-solve
- Ability to comprehend and carry out written and oral instructions
- Ability to perform general math
- Ability to effectively use a telephone and fax machine
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Basic computer skills a plus
Essential Functions, Qualifications & Skills:
Quality of Care & Safety
- Role models Inglis’ commitment to quality of care and safety.
- Equipment Maintenance - Keep equipment clean and in good repair; Report non-operating/broken equipment to supervisor in timely manner.
- Safety - Mix and use chemicals according to guidelines; Place wet floor signs at each end of cleaning area; Ensure bottles are properly labeled; Participate in in-service training programs prior to performing tasks involving potential exposure to blood/body fluids; Use only equipment for which you are trained.
- Site Inspection - Inspect site(s) each work day using checklist to ensure all cleaning tasks are satisfactorily completed (according to site/contract specs); Sign and date checklist.
- Compliance - Comply with all personnel policies; Perform tasks in accordance with established policies and procedures and as instructed by supervisor; Adhere to Inglis compliance program and code of conduct.
Quality of Life & Service
- Role models Inglis’ service excellence values and behaviors.
- Waste management - Empty all waste containers; Replace plastic liners in containers; Deposit all trash in designated receptacles.
- Disinfection - Sanitize/disinfect restrooms/shower & locker rooms (including toilets, urinals, sinks, showers, floors) and kitchens/break rooms.
- Dusting - Spot clean doors, walls/partitions/panels, furniture, and any other required areas (e.g., shelving, window sills) to remove dust and cobwebs; Clean window blinds as scheduled/contracted.
- Glass cleaning - Clean entrance ways, restroom/shower room mirrors and windows (interior and exterior) as scheduled/contracted.
- Furniture/equipment moving - Move furniture/equipment as necessary to complete assigned tasks (may involve enlisting assistance).
- Restocking - Refill soap, toilet paper, and towel dispensers as needed.
- Water fountains/machines - Clean exteriors as directed/contracted.
- Floor care (daily) - Vacuum all carpets; Sweep and mop all tile floors.
- Floor care (maintenance) - Remove dirt and stains; Keep edges and corners free of dirt and buildup; Burnish floors to high luster.
- Floor care (deep cleaning) - Always follow guidelines for carpet steam cleaning/extraction and tile stripping, buffing, and waxing.
- Exhibit technical proficiency in using equipment (includes vacuums, autoscrubber, buffers,, OmniFlex & KiaVac & other self-propelled equipment).
- Inventory Control - Monitor inventory to ensure adequate supply on-hand; Request orders according to ICES guidelines and procedure.
Founded in 1877, Inglis has been supporting people with disabilities to live the lives they choose, where and how they choose. From adapted technology, independent living apartments, and other community-based programming, to long-term care – Inglis meets the needs of the people we serve along the continuum of care.
Inglis has three key areas of programmatic focus under the “parent” of the Inglis organization, including: Inglis Housing Corporation, the largest private developer in the Philadelphia area of affordable, accessible independent living apartments for people with disabilities; Inglis House, our long-term care wheelchair community serving a younger population (average age is 54); and Community Support Services, a collection of programs that support people with disabilities who choose to live independently in the community. All of these services are supported with Inglis’ thought leadership in Adapted Technology and commitment to Person-Centered Care.
Inglis is a national leader in providing comprehensive care and services for people living with multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, spinal cord injuries and other neurological disorders resulting in some level of paralysis and mobility impairment.
Inglis serves more than 1,000 people directly, and many more indirectly through its website and other outreach activities supporting its mission to “enable people with disabilities – and those who care for them – to achieve their goals and live life to the fullest.”
Inglis welcomes great people without regard to disability, race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, military service, marital status, or any other characteristics, as protected by law. We encourage all Protected Veterans and the long-term unemployed to apply. Please send resume to Inglis Human Resources, 2600 Belmont Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19131 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org EOE, M/F/D/V