At Inglis, we always welcome new volunteers who want to share their time and talents.
Volunteers provide an extra dimension of care in the lives of Inglis clients. Most volunteers spend their time at Inglis House, where there are many ways to get involved and make a difference. If you are 16 or over, there are volunteer opportunities available year-round, seven days a week, during the day and in the evening. Many high school and college volunteers visit Inglis House during the school year to complete community service projects, or perform and assist with holiday events.
Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age.
We request that regular volunteers commit to at least 2 months of service, working a weekly shift of at least 2 hours (same day/time each week).
Regular volunteers are assigned to many different jobs, depending on their interests and skills.
Here are just a few opportunities available:
- Adopt a Community — make meaningful connections with residents on a particular clinical community by assisting with small tasks, playing games, assisting them to recreational activities, or just chatting.
- Social Enrichment Program — assist staff and residents during regularly-scheduled recreational or educational programming, like Exploring Art, Ceramics, and Games of Chance.
- Day Program — participate in social, educational, therapeutic and wellness activities in our day care service for adults with physical disabilities who live independently in the community.
- Trip Volunteers — accompany staff and residents on trips to various destinations around Philadelphia.
- Behind The Scenes Volunteer — assist in office settings with administrative tasks, like filing, data entry, and providing positive customer service to consumers.
- Group volunteer opportunities — available for school and community groups, and are scheduled at least one month in advance. Groups often spend their day visiting residents, playing games, or assisting with a special event, like Casino Day, Carnival Day, or a semi-formal dance, like the Harvest Ball.