Environmental Services Technician, Common RoomApply Now
Inglis enables people with disabilities – and those who care for them – to achieve their goals and live life to the fullest. It is essential that all duties are performed with the highest level of integrity, while supporting Inglis Values and Standards of Excellence, ensuring the achievement of competencies and compliance with regulatory agencies.
The Environmental Services Technician is responsible for providing a clean environment to all assigned areas including but not limited to resident rooms, offices, bathrooms and storage areas. Is responsible for the daily sweeping, mopping and burnishing of main corridor and resident room floors. Assists other environmental service team members in movement of furniture within the confines of Resident rooms. Has knowledge of and can demonstrate sanitizing and disinfection of washrooms, bath and common areas. Will perform any and all duties as assigned.
- Time Management- Able to determine the appropriate allocation of time for daily work and projects.
- Space Management- Effectively manages the workspace (i.e. keeps a clean and organized office, appropriately handles all paperwork, maintains control over the physical environment, etc.)
- Task Management- Balances conflicting priorities to manage workflow, ensure the completion of essential projects, and meet critical deadlines.<
- Listening Skills: Understands that the most important aspect of communication is the act of listening and actively works to improve those skills.
- Oral Skills: Speaks with confidence using clear, concise sentences and is easily understood.
- Written Skills: Produces well thought-out, professional correspondence free of grammatical and spelling errors.
- Telephone/Email: Uses high quality, professional oral and written skills (as described above) to project a positive image of the business.
- Works as a competent member of the team, willingly providing back-up support for co-workers when appropriate and actively supporting group goals.
- Displays proficiency using standard office equipment such as a computer, fax, photocopier, scanner, etc. Demonstrates advanced proficiency by quickly adapting to new technology and easily acquiring new technical skills.
- Must possess High School Diploma or equivalent,
- 1+ years experience as environmental services attendant/technician/custodian; ability and experience in using floor care equipment (i.e., auto-scrubber, buffer, burnisher) for carpet cleaning and stripping and waxing VCT flooring
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate (orally and written), using the English language Good customer service skills Ability and willingness to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to comprehend and carry out written and oral instructions is critical.
- Ability to perform general math required.
- Ability to effectively use a telephone and fax machine required.
Founded in 1877, Inglis' Mission is to enable people with disabilities - and those who care for them - to achieve their goals and live life to the fullest Inglis House is a specialized, skilled nursing, long-term care community-based in Philadelphia, PA.
Inglis House is a Person-Centered Care community specializing in services for 252 adults (mostly younger - average age is 46) with severe neurodegenerative physical disabilities resulting in paraplegia and quadriplegia. Inglis' Person-Centered Care vision is to strive every day to create a homelike environment where residents and staff work together with autonomy and a deep sense of community.
Along with providing medical and personal care, a key aspect of the mission of serving younger adults is recognizing that they typically have a wider range of needs than a geriatric nursing home resident. Younger adults, whether congenitally disabled or disabled later in life, struggle to achieve goals that give a sense of autonomy, mastery, and creativity. Inglis House provides a range of medical, personal and enrichment services that enable residents to live life to the fullest. Our Adapted Technology program is nationally recognized - and can get anyone online. Inglis is one of only a handful of organizations in the country designated a “Center of Excellence in Long-term MS Care” by the National Multiple Sclerosis Society and is one of only eight residential facilities throughout the United States offering such highly specialized, long-term care for people with physical disabilities.
Inglis also supports nearly 1000 people living independently in the community through resources including care management (helping people navigate the healthcare system), an innovative day program, Adapted Technology and community employment services.
Inglis is the largest private provider of affordable, accessible housing in the Greater Philadelphia region with nearly 350 units, including 80 units opened at Inglis Gardens at Belmont in 2016 and 44 new units at Pennypack Crossing, developed with Conifer, opened November 2017 and more in development.
Inglis welcomes great people without regard to disability, race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, military service, marital status, or any other characteristics, as protected by law. We encourage all people with disabilities, protected veterans and the long-term unemployed to apply. Please send resume to Inglis, Attn: Xavier Johnson, Human Resources, 2600 Belmont Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19131, via fax: 215-878-3082 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org EOE, M/F/D/V