Regional Housing Coordinator (East Region)Apply Now
Self-Determination Housing of Pennsylvania (SDHP), a Program of Inglis Community Services, is accepting applications for the position of Regional Housing Coordinator. This position reports to a Manager of Statewide Programs and is a full-time, salaried, exempt position. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. This position is telework eligible.
There are two positions available on the eastern half of the Commonwealth.
These positions requires frequent long-distance travel across multiple counties throughout the Commonwealth.
Individuals with disabilities, veterans, members of other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to allow qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
We offer a generous and competitive benefits package to all employees, including health, dental, and life insurance benefits, generous paid time off policy, flexible work schedule, and opportunities for professional growth.
The Regional Housing Coordinator serves as a subject-matter expert to relevant local housing officials, social service providers, landlords and property managers on all issues regarding affordable, accessible, and integrated housing opportunities for individuals with disabilities and older adults. The Regional Housing Coordinator conducts relevant trainings and provides educational seminars and technical assistance to an array of housing organizations, social service providers, and statewide partners. The Regional Housing Coordinator position is multi-faceted, working on internal teams to create relevant content, partnering with external stakeholders to understand the needs of individual communities, and building up capacity within local organizations to keep housing at the forefront.
Counties for the East Region:
Required Education and Experience
- Associate's/Bachelor's degree, life experience, or any combination of education and experience that demonstrates these qualifications
- Three to five years’ experience in housing and/or disability rights
General Responsibilities of the Position
- Interface with and outreach to relevant local housing officials, social service providers, landlords and property managers, and other relevant external partners to create awareness and promote affordable, accessible, and integrated housing opportunities for individuals with disabilities and older adults
- Attend and give presentations at relevant local and regional housing meetings, conferences, and seminars as necessary to further SDHP’s mission
- Represent the agency on relevant external committees, as directed
- Develop expertise in relevant laws and regulations related to housing and disability topics
- Provide proactive technical assistance to housing providers in their efforts to market available properties to individuals with disabilities and older adults
- Lead, coordinate, and/or actively participate on one or more internal teams, as directed
- Ensure that regional tasks, are scheduled appropriately, and that program materials and databases are kept up to date at all time
- Research relevant topics to inform regional/statewide planning
- Develop curriculum that addresses the needs of local/regional communities
- Serve as a leader in assigned counties on housing and disability related topics
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and related products, Adobe Pro, and Windows PC
- Working knowledge of Outlook and Outlook Calendar
- Excellent oral presentation skills
- Advanced writing skills, with the ability to edit (i.e. grammar, tone, citation formatting, etc.)
- Project Management, with strong attention to detail
- Team player
- Ability to think strategically and critically about an array of complex issues
- Ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision in a virtual setting
Interested applicants, please submit a resume and cover letter along with a writing sample to email@example.com.
Inglis enables people with disabilities- nad those who care for them- to achieve their goals and live life to the fullest. SDHP is a state-wide organization with more than 24 years’ experience leading an array of accessible housing initiatives in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Since our formation in 1994, we have continuously been motivated by our mission to promote self-determination in housing for low-income individuals with disabilities and older adults. We have been promoting self-determination and control in the field of accessible housing by providing outreach to relevant social service organizations, conducting fair housing education and trainings across multiple counties, performing home modifications on behalf of low-income individuals with disabilities, and providing educational programming to arm consumers with disabilities with the knowledge to become more informed home owners and renters.
We have successfully affected public policy in the housing sector through sustained system advocacy for close to two decades. Through our Regional Housing Coordinator and our Fair Housing Education initiatives, since 2004, we have proactively been connecting state and county government services, social service providers, housing providers, financial and lending institutions, and providing them with technical assistance and trainings to generate real-time awareness regarding the housing needs of low-income individuals with disabilities in the Commonwealth.
Equal Opportunity Employer
SDHP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We openly celebrate a diverse workforce. We do not tolerate discrimination and Harassment of any kind. We hire, promote, discipline, or discharge personnel solely based on business needs, merit, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.