Inglis Methodist Gardens
IMG Frequently Asked Questions
Who can apply for housing at Inglis Methodist Gardens?
- Anyone can apply.
- In order to be eligible for housing applicants must meet the requirements outlined in our Tenant Selection Plan. A copy of the Tenant Selection Plan is available here. (PDF Opens in a new window)
- Inglis Methodist Gardens is specialized affordable, accessible housing for people with disabilities or those transitioning from homelessness.
Is there an application fee?
- No application fee is required.
How do I qualify for an apartment?
- Applicants must complete our full application.
- Applicants must provide us with photo ID, social security cards, birth certificates and proof of income and assets.
- Qualified applicants must meet our credit and criminal screening criteria, income requirements and demonstrate a need for the housing based on the preference of requiring an accessible apartment or being referred by an agency that supports people experiencing homelessness.
- Referrals may be obtained by our lead referral agencies, Inglis and its affiliates; or Methodist Services.
Do I have to pay a security deposit?
- Yes, a security deposit is due at lease signing. The amount of the deposit will be the lesser of $99.00 or one month’s rent.
How much is the rent?
- The amount of rent paid is equal to 30% of your household’s adjusted monthly income.
Do I have to pay for utilities?
- The electric bill is expected to be paid by the resident.
Can I have a pet?
- Yes, a pet is allowed with written approval from management. A pet deposit of $50.00 is required for cats and dogs. Four-legged, fur bearing animal’s weight cannot exceed 25 lbs.
What amenities are included?
- 1 and 2 bedroom apartments with fully equipped kitchens and central air conditioning.
- On-Site laundry is available.
- Inglis Methodist Gardens will have on-site staff to provide supportive services to all the residents.
- Inglis Methodist Gardens is an apartment community whose residents must comply with the program requirements outline by the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit program and Philadelphia Housing Authority. Part of this compliance is certifying your income and assets annually with management. Applicants income at the time of lease signing cannot exceed the income limits.
Who may I contact for additional questions?
- Please call Inglis Housing Corporation at 215-581-0712 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.