Inglis is operating normally. Be safe.
Inglis plans to operate normally during all severe weather events, and all essential employees are expected to report for work. If any weather events necessitate a change, it will be communicated here and through normal operational channels.
If you need to contact Inglis regarding reporting to work, please direct your call to your supervisor.
You may not call the operator to call out.
Inclement Weather Preparation and Procedures
Inglis is a 24-7 facility and will continue to operate through inclement weather emergencies. During any inclement weather, teams will operate with our emergency plan in mind. Please check the website often for updates – www.inglis.org/weather
- Inglis House staff providing essential services (Clinical Staff, Dining Staff, Environmental Services Staff, Engineering and Facilities staff, Social Services Staff, Neighborhood Coordinators and Security) as well as staff that are essential to Inglis Housing and Community Support Services who arrive no more than two hours late for scheduled shift due to weather emergency will be paid for their entire shift. Those who arrive more than two hours late will be paid for actual hours worked.
- Inglis Day Program will follow School District of Philadelphia guidelines for the closure of the program.
- Exempt salaried employees who are not essential for Inglis House, Inglis Housing Corporation, Community Support Services and Inglis Day Program may work remotely in the case of a weather emergency with manager approval. This does not apply to non-exempt hourly employees in any department or entity.
- Employees who cannot come to work and cannot work remotely may use personal or vacation time in lieu of hours they would normally work with manager approval.
- For excellence in quality of care and to maintain appropriate staff to resident ratios during weather related emergencies we encourage all essential staff to remain on shift until next schedule shift arrives.
- All staff will be compensated accordingly within the guidelines of the Fair Labor Standards Act, Inglis Policy and the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Inglis sincerely appreciates your commitment to the caring of our residents and consumers.
- Policy 210.56 Emergency/Extreme Weather
- Policy 500.05 Severe Weather Plan
- 1404.00 Disaster Preparedness
- CBA Article 19.6 Severe/Inclement Weather
Please check this page regularly for any closings or operational changes at Inglis. The direct link to this page is www.inglis.org/weather.