Help Desk Support TechnicianApply Now
Support may include answering questions, troubleshooting problems, teaching or instructing customers regarding software or hardware functionality, and communicating policy to local users running Windows 10 and 11 and for workstations, laptops, printers, telephones, mobile devices and other vendor specific hardware and software used at Inglis. Additionally, the Help Desk Support Technician will is responsible for maintaining advanced proficiency in the use of the applications, processes and procedures as defined in the Inglis Standard User competencies with the goal of resolving these issues on first contact. All support requests are documented, tracked and reported on in the IT Help Desk ticketing system. Support requests requiring second level support or above will be escalated to the appropriate technician. The Help Desk Support Technician will assist with the support request queues of all technicians as necessary by providing follow-up communication, resetting expectations, or scheduling service calls to ensure requests are being responded to and resolved in a timely manner. Participation in the after-hours on-call rotation will be required after sufficient onboarding and training.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Provide first level technical support to end users on issues involving Microsoft's core business applications, workstations, printers, networks, telephones, mobile devices and vendor specific hardware and software.
- Provides excellent customer service by being attentive, respectful and professional at all times; ensures understanding of customer request and follows-through as promised; acts proactively in identifying and addressing customer concerns, or problems.
- Maintain knowledge and advanced level proficiency in the use of the applications, processes and procedures as defined in the Inglis Standard User competencies.
- Administer client systems accounts, typically as part of the following types of requests: password resets/account lockouts, new hire setups, account changes, and revoking (terminating) access
- Log/documents all inquiries reported to the IT Help Desk and ensures required fields and categories are complete with the goal of resolving all Standard User issues on first contact. Set expectations with the customer (SLA) and then escalate to next level support as necessary.
- Follow-up on previously reported cases which have been escalated to other support teams to ensure they are being responded to and resolved in a timely manner.
- Keeps the Help Desk Manager and other technicians informed of trends, significant issues, and unexpected delays to support requests.
- Independently facilitates training to end users on matters relating to the Inglis Standard User competencies via scheduled or on-the-fly mini-sessions. May participate in formal sessions such as scheduled classroom or web-ex training.
- Performs administrative duties such as submitting check requests, bill processing, and departmental scheduling
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral).
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a call center or customer service role providing technical support to end users via telephone or remote-control capabilities.
- Minimum of one (1) years of experience with ticket tracking systems including managing ticket priorities, assigning and escalating tickets, meeting service level agreements, and basic tracking/reporting.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office 2016 or Office365 applications and demonstrated knowledge and experience supporting users, workstations, printers, and mobile devices in a Microsoft Windows PC environment
- Ability to respond to both common and complex technical inquiries from customers, clients or internal employees in a timely and thoughtful manner
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with a diverse group of customers and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and external vendors
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications, experience in healthcare preferred
- Professional attitude and work habits, ability to participate in after hours on call rotation
Inglis' Mission is to enable people with disabilities — and those who care for them — to achieve their goals and live life to the fullest Inglis House is a specialized, skilled nursing, long-term care community based in Philadelphia, PA.
Inglis welcomes great people without regard to disability, race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, military service, marital status, or any other characteristics, as protected by law. We encourage all Protected Veterans and the long-term unemployed to apply. Please send resume to Inglis Human Resources, 2600 Belmont Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19131 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org EOE, M/F/D/V