Quality Improvement Coordinator- Inglis HouseApply Now
Inglis enables people with disabilities – and those who care for them – to achieve their goals and live life to the fullest.
The Quality Improvement Coordinator will implement and assist in the design of the quality assurance and process improvement activities and compliance programs across Inglis House departments, ensuring that processes are conducted in accordance with internal policies and procedures and the regulations established by Federal and State agencies. It is essential that all duties are performed with the highest level of integrity, while supporting Inglis Mission, Values, and Standards of Excellence.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job. This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. There are other duties and responsibilities that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
• Coordinates quality improvement initiatives and contributes to the development of an annual quality improvement plan.
• Supports Inglis House Leadership in the development of QAPI plans and supports the data collection process in the implementation of the QAPI plans.
• Gathers and reviews data from department leaders; supports leaders in analyzing data and using data to make informed decisions. Date could include but is not limited to:
o Grievances/incident management and investigations
o Gradual Dose Reduction
o Environment/Infection Control
• Tracks entity specific corrective action plans developed in response to internal and external audit results.
• Prepares materials for and facilitates quality improvement related meetings / committees, including but not limited to:
o Incident Management Review
o Pharmacy QI
o Root Cause Analysis
• Conducts audits, administers surveys, and performs reviews rounds; reports outcomes to management and escalates as needed. Including but not limited to:
o Resident room reviews
o Resident satisfaction surveys
o Audits of investigations
o Safety rounds
• Participates as a member on entity and enterprise committees, including but not limited to:
o Compliance Committee
o Infection Control Committee
o Safety Committee
• Coordinates with the departments to provide support in education pertaining to quality assurance and performance improvement.
• Participates in the Compliance Risk Assessment Process and provides support to develop and monitor mitigation strategies as needed.
• Participates in the planning and execution of Mock Survey
• Champion for culture change and supportive leadership.
• Demonstrates a real sense of inquiry and a personal willingness to learn.
• Demonstrates the ability to take responsible actions within the parameters of the role without a constant need to be directed by others.
• Demonstrates politeness and respectfulness and evidences the self-awareness of the effect of her/his behavior on others.
• Demonstrates mutual respect for diversity.
PEOPLE & TEAM LEADERSHIP
• Demonstrates Inglis values and behaviors
• Demonstrates the ability to follow-up on schedules, set priorities, and achieve deadlines
• Demonstrates the Inglis Code of Conduct and builds trusted partnerships throughout the Inglis organization.
• Establishes and maintains effective relationships by gaining trust and respect.
• Is approachable and easy to talk with; puts forth an extra effort to make people at ease; is patient and builds rapport with customers and is a good listener.
• A team player and has the trust and support of peers.
• Promotes collaboration within the department
• Actively engages in the use of technology to enhance the day-to-day flow of information
• Encourages and supports staff on the appropriate use of computer systems and technology
• Understands and efficiently uses basic computer hardware such as a mouse, and telecommunication devices
• Understands the use of the internet/intranet applications and file management including file saving, storage and basic data controls
• Understands IT security, i.e. no sharing of passwords, processes, best practices including email encryption and enlisting help of IT help desk as needed.
ROLE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Analytical Capabilities. Can distinguish between main issues and side issues. Can interpret an opinion/convictions/fact/
emotion/reproach and can see connections, trends and patterns.
Problem Solving/Analysis- Considers multiple sides of an issue. Weighs consequences before making final
decision. Makes informed decisions based on available information. Recognizes issues, and determines actions
needed to advance the decision-making process. Follows up as necessary.
Collaboration- Demonstrates awareness and respect of cultural and individual values; leverages the strengths of others to
Accomplish goals, regardless of background.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
In addition to the necessary skills and experience to perform the responsibilities outlined above, there are several traits that a successful candidate will possess.
• Minimum of two - three years of experience working in long-term care setting in an administrative role.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field required.
• Ability to interact effectively with diverse groups of stakeholders.
• Strong communication skills, including listening and presenting;