Coronavirus - COVID-19
The health and safety of our residents and staff is of the utmost importance to us, and this site allows us to share regular updates.
Based on new guidelines mandated by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services along with the Pennsylvania Department of Health, we are now doing weekly testing of both residents and staff for COVID-19. We must have no positive test results among staff or residents for 14 consecutive days before we are able to begin our reopening plans. After that point, we may be able to reduce the frequency of testing, but that frequency will be determined by the positivity rate in Philadelphia County.
Inglis House Reopening Plan - ON HOLD
COVID-19 - Updates - (updated Saturday 4/10/21):
- Structured visitations in Inglis House have been suspended!
- A new positive case has been identified a staff member. Per our safety protocols, and in keeping with Philadelphia’s Department of Public Health guideline, we are stopping all visitation, including all family visits.
- We continue to regularly test our staff for COVID which is how we learned of this recent case.
- Volunteers are not allowed in Inglis House at this time.
- Resident group activities are happening, but now only for those living in GREEN Zone Neighborhoods.
- The Assistive Technology Lab is open to residents from a GREEN Zone Neighborhood, by appointment only.
- To the extent possible, staff are limited to working on designated neighborhoods in order to reduce the movement of people throughout the building.
- All meals will continue to be served in residents’ rooms.
- Connections, Inglis' Day Program remains CLOSED until further notice as is the Innovation Center. However, Virtual Connections - Inglis' online version of the Day Program has been successfully engaging with participants for several weeks.
- Visitation to Inglis Housing Communities should also be limited.
COVID-19 - Vaccine:
Below, you will find vaccine information we have and from trusted sources. (All links open in new windows)
Additional Links and Information:
- Centers for Disease Control and Provention - Vaccine information website
- Bloomberg News Vaccine Tracker website - Numbers of doses administered and where.
- The Johns Hopkins University & Medicine website vaccine and virus tracker.
- Website for the Black Doctors COVID=19 Consortium
- COVID-19 Vaccine FAQs - UPDATED - Dec. 30, 2020