Coronavirus - COVID-19
The health and safety of our residents and staff is of the utmost importance to us, and this site allows us to share regular updates.
Based on new guidelines mandated by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services along with the Pennsylvania Department of Health, we are now doing weekly testing of both residents and staff for COVID-19. We must have no positive test results among staff or residents for 14 consecutive days before we are able to begin our reopening plans. After that point, we may be able to reduce the frequency of testing, but that frequency will be determined by the positivity rate in Philadelphia County.
COVID-19 - Updates - (updated Tuesday 5/6/21):
- Full Visitation has returned
- Families of fully vaccinated residents no longer need to schedule visits.
- Only while alone in a resident’s room, fully vaccinated residents and fully vaccinated visitors may choose to have close contact (including touch) and not to wear a mask.
- Visitors will still need to be screened upon entering the facility.
- You may visit your loved ones in their rooms, as well as other designated areas.
- Residents who are NOT vaccinated must still have their visits scheduled and may NOT visit in their rooms. They may ONLY visit in Founders’ Hall or in the Courtyard.
- While inside all other areas of the facility, residents and visitors MUST wear a mask.
- Resident group activities are happening.
- The Assistive Technology Lab is open to residents by appointment only.
- All meals will continue to be served in residents’ rooms. Communal dining is coming soon.
- Connections, Inglis' Day Program remains CLOSED until further notice as is the Innovation Center. However, Virtual Connections - Inglis' online version of the Day Program has been successfully engaging with participants for several weeks.
- Visitation to Inglis Housing Communities should also be limited.
COVID-19 - Vaccine:
Below, you will find vaccine information we have and from trusted sources. (All links open in new windows)
Additional Links and Information:
- Centers for Disease Control and Provention - Vaccine information website
- Bloomberg News Vaccine Tracker website - Numbers of doses administered and where.
- The Johns Hopkins University & Medicine website vaccine and virus tracker.
- Website for the Black Doctors COVID=19 Consortium
- COVID-19 Vaccine FAQs - UPDATED - Dec. 30, 2020