Benefits SpecialistApply Now
The Benefits Specialist will play a key role in supporting the HR Department and will be responsible forsupporting the following functional areas: primary point of contact for employees regarding Benefits. Position requires organization-wide reporting and analysis as requested. Will partner with the Director, HR Operations, HRIS
and the VP of Human Resources on the development and evaluation of HR processes that support the Person-Centered Care Methodology.
The Benefits Specialist will also provide support for HR Projects as needed on a Kronos Platform. This position needs to be results oriented to ensure targets are achieved and are consistent with Inglis Values and Standards of Excellence. To be successful, s/he must be mature, service oriented, an excellent team member and able to juggle multiple priorities with shifting agendas. It is essential that all duties be performed with the highest level of integrity, supports Inglis Values and Standards of Excellence and ensures compliance with regulatory agencies.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job. This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. There are other duties and responsibilities that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
• Process all new hire information for all new employees in the HRIS system prior to orientation.
• Track union employee’s probationary status and ensure that their salary is adjusted accordingly.
• Manage the health benefit billing reconciliation process monthly.
• Partner with Director, HR Operations & Employee Relations and VP, Human Resources and HRIS regarding HR technology and software solutions.
• Partner with the Director of HR Operations with the planning and coordination of Open Enrollment including set-ups for carrier/plan changes and troubleshooting to assure that Employee Self Service (ESS) and enrollment are consistent.
• Partners with Director, HR Operations and VP, Human Resources, HRIS on the pension audit process.
• Partner with HRIS on best practices to reduce costs and enhance customer service based on an understanding of HR business processes and web technology utilizing a variety of web workflow tools.
• Partner HR Team members for accurate submission of Affirmative Action and EEOC reporting.
COMPLIANCE, SYSTEMS & CONTROLS
• Reviews policies and procedures to ensure efficient processes and effective Employee Benefits Control.
• Seeks opportunities to enhance HR processes and to align with best practices.
BENEFITS SPECIALIST DUTIES
• Partner with vendors, various stakeholders and back office teams, i.e. IS, Finance, et. to ensure that new hires are setup appropriately for time entry, payroll, benefits, etc.
• Oversee business processes for benefits administration.
• Identify and clarify issues while working collaboratively with employees and managers to achieve prompt resolution to benefits issues.
• Organization wide reporting and analysis of employment/employee trends.
HR SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT
• Knowledge of Human Resources laws and policies and applies expertise in the full range of the HR arena to support Inglis’ mission and business needs.
• Knowledge of current federal and state regulation and guidelines involving employee benefits and systems.
PERSON CENTERED CARE
• Demonstrates a real sense of inquiry and a personal willingness to learn.
• Demonstrates the ability to take responsible actions within the parameters of the role without a constant need to be directed by others.
• Demonstrates politeness and respectfulness and evidences the self-awareness of the effect of their behavior on others.
• Demonstrates the ability to follow up on schedules, set priorities and achieve deadlines.
• Demonstrates mutual respect for diversity.
PEOPLE & TEAM LEADERSHIP
• Demonstrates Inglis people and leadership values and behaviors
• Demonstrates the Inglis code of conduct and builds trusted partnerships throughout the Inglis organization.
• Works daily to improve services & reporting, establishes and maintains effective relationships by gaining trust & respect.
• Is approachable & easy to talk with; puts forth an extra effort to make people at ease; is patient & builds a rapport with customers and is a good listener
• Demonstrates being a team player, has the trust & support of peers & promotes collaboration within the department.
• Actively engages in the use of computer systems and technology to enhance the day-to-day flow of information
• Encourages and supports staff on the appropriate use of computer systems and technology
• Understands common computer terminology and fundamentals of computers
• Network account login, Basic Windows skills
• Parts of the Windows desktop
• Use the mouse; move and resize windows
• File management, Open, view and print files
• Save files, dating, and basic version control
• When and why to store files in Desktop (C:\ drive), OneDrive, and Shared folders
ROLE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
Organizational Understanding & Thinking- Demonstrates an understanding of the organization in its entirety
and works to achieve results across disciplines, departments and functions. Develops and maintains supportive relationships across the organization.
Employee Champion- Develops employee and organizational relationships and understands, values and promotes
Diversity. Ensuring that the rights and needs of the employees are the central focus of all the activities conducted
by the organization and its Human Resource department.
Problem Solving/Analysis- Considers multiple sides of an issue. Weighs consequences before making final
decision. Makes informed decisions based on available information. Recognizes issues, and determines actions
needed to advance the decision-making process. Follows up as necessary.
Tech Savvy- Scans the environment for new technical skills, knowledge, or capabilities that can benefit business or
personal performance. Readily learns and adopts new technologies. Possess the ability to respond to and resolves
questions from end-users including employees and applicants.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
In addition to the necessary skills and experience to perform the responsibilities outlined above, there are a number of traits that a successful candidate will possess.
• Required - BA/BS preferred in Human Resources, Business Administration, Finance or related field and five (5) plus years of progressive experience in Human Resources or 8 plus years as an HR professional. SHRM- CP or SCP recommended.
• Must be technologically savvy with a working knowledge of current HRIS systems, preferably Kronos including ad-hoc reporting such as Batch Reporting, Kronos and Microsoft suite applications.
• Strong work ethic, integrity and commitment to the Inglis vision and mission.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Human Resource Principles and guidelines.
• Excellent administrative, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Preferred industry experience – Non-profit, Nursing Homes, Healthcare, HR Practitioner in a law firm etc.