Business Development SpecialistApply Now
Inglis is seeking an entrepreneurial Business Development Specialist to support the development, assessment, and successful start-up of new strategic initiatives as well as refine the program development of existing business lines and services that support individuals with complex physical disabilities.
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Initiatives, this role serves as an internal consultant to senior leadership across service lines by developing concepts for new programs into thoughtful and comprehensive business plans that assess a program’s impact on and alignment with Inglis’ mission, vision, and strategic plan.
The Business Development Specialist is also responsible for staying attune to and tracking local and national trends, legislation, and innovations in healthcare affordable housing, long-term supports and services, and technology supporting individuals with disabilities and proactively identifying potential opportunities for partnership, new, and enhanced services. This role is based in Philadelphia with hybrid and remote work options and some in-state travel may be required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
• Develops and maintains thorough knowledge of Inglis' services, competition, and broader market dynamics that frame the business context both present and over the next few years.
• Collects market data, relevant research, funding sources, and other potential resources to support the assessment of new initiatives; makes recommendations and identify next steps in pursuing new concepts.
• Supports the development of concept papers, business plans, affiliation prospect summaries and funding proposals, partnering with the appropriate executive sponsors, service line leaders, and grant writing staff.
• Utilizes effective project management strategies to track work and adhere to timelines.
• Tracks state-wide trends in health care, payment models, affordable housing, emerging service line models, and the physical disability population/provider network as a whole.
• Travels across the state on an as-needed basis to lead focused market research efforts in partnership with the Community Engagement Specialist.
• Identifies and supports implementation of market research strategies to effectively engage external stakeholders across the state of Pennsylvania.
• Seeks out and collects data to demonstrate the need – and recommended strategies - to develop new services and increase referrals for current programs.
• Analyzes outcomes, feedback, and insights associated with current programs to recommend suggestions for improvements.
• Builds trust and productive relationships with team members and stakeholders within and external to organization in relationship to Inglis’ business development goals.
• Shares ideas with Inglis leaders through effective communication and collaboration.
• Acts as thought partner in strategic discussions even outside of own projects.
• Champion for culture change and supportive leadership.
• Demonstrates politeness and respectfulness and evidences the self-awareness of the effect of their behavior on others.
• Demonstrates respect for diversity.
• Is approachable & easy to talk with; puts forth an extra effort to make people at ease; is patient & builds a rapport with customers and is a good listener.
• Is valued as a team player, has the trust & support of peers & promotes collaboration within the department.
PEOPLE & TEAM LEADERSHIP
• Demonstrates Inglis people and leadership values and behaviors
• Demonstrates the ability to follow-up on schedules, set priorities and achieve deadlines
• Demonstrates the Inglis Code of Conduct and builds trusted partnerships throughout the Inglis organization.
• Establishes and maintains effective relationships by gaining trust and respect.
• Is approachable and easy to talk with; puts forth an extra effort to make people at ease; is patience and builds rapport with customers and is a good listener.
• A team player and has the trust and support of peers.
• Promotes collaboration within the department
• Actively engages in the use of computer systems and technology to enhance the day-to-day flow of information i.e. responding to email messages in a timely fashion and using Outlook to manage meetings.
• Encourages and supports staff on the appropriate use of computer systems and technology
• Effectively utilizes videoconference software such as Zoom, Skype for Business, and Microsoft Teams to manage and facilitate meetings with internal and external stakeholders
• Understands common computer terminology and fundamentals of computers
• Data Mindset – Able to utilize existing data and reports to inform decisions and strategic plans.
• Able to combine multiple sources of data to solve existing problems and project future needs for the organization/and or program. Develop reporting on the core business operations.
• Office 365 – Able to use Office 365 suite to manage calendaring, virtual meetings, basic tasks in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and comfortable using Microsoft Teams.
Strategic Thinker: Envisions opportunities for growth/innovation by evaluating industry trends, identifying potential partners and recommending pragmatic strategies for new business opportunities.
Business Acumen: Demonstrates the capacity for understanding business operations and functions; understands how to approach determining feasibility and financial viability of new concepts. Keeps up with current and possible future policies, practices, and trends in the organization, with the competition, and in the marketplace
Builds Networks: Builds strong formal and informal networks. Maintains relationships across a variety of functions and locations and draws upon multiple relationships to exchange ideas, resources, and know how.
Problem Solving/Analysis. Considers multiple sides of an issue and proactively researches available information before making informed recommendations. Recognizes issues, and determines actions needed to advance the decision-making process. Follows up as necessary.
Communications: Exceptional writing skills, including formatting/packaging information for various audiences. Effective verbal communicator of complex information so that it is easily understood. Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum of 3 years of business development or related professional experience
• Experience/understanding of trends in healthcare, human services, and/or disabilities
• A self-starter; able to work well independently, as well as part of a cross-functional team
• Curious, inquisitive and enthusiastic; takes the initiative, asks questions, and embraces opportunities
• Exceptional professional writing skills; successful business plan or proposal writing experience preferred
• Entrepreneurial; demonstrated experience in and passionate about starting new initiatives or program, and can articulate a return on investment from a mission and margin perspective
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Experience conducting research, data collection, analysis preferred