Food Service WorkerApply Now
Inglis enables people with disabilities – and those who care for them – to achieve their goals and live life to the fullest.
It is essential that all duties are performed with the highest level of integrity, while supporting Inglis Values and Standards of Excellence, ensuring the achievement of competencies and compliance with regulatory agencies.
The food service worker performs a variety of duties for the set up, delivery and serving of food. Performs other duties as assigned. As the food service worker you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
- Time Management- Able to determine the appropriate allocation of time for daily work and projects.
- Space Management- Effectively manages the workspace (i.e. keeps a clean and organized office, appropriately handles all paperwork, maintains control over the physical environment, etc.)
- Task Management- Balances conflicting priorities to manage workflow, ensure the completion of essential projects, and meet critical deadlines.
- Listening Skills: Understands that the most important aspect of communication is the act of listening and actively works to improve those skills.
- Oral Skills: Speaks with confidence using clear, concise sentences and is easily understood.
- Written Skills: Produces well thought-out, professional correspondence free of grammatical and spelling errors.
- Telephone/Email: Uses high quality, professional oral and written skills (as described above) to project a positive image of the business.
High school education or GED preferred. Relevant experience in Dining Services to ensure that the requirements of this position can be fully met. Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language. Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action. Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace. Must function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel and support agencies. Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility which include a medical and physical examination. Must be able to push, pull, move and/or lift a minimum of fifty pounds to a minimum height of five feet and be able to push, pull, move and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of fifteen feet.
Founded in 1877, Inglis has been supporting people with disabilities to live the lives they choose, where and how they choose. From adapted technology, independent living apartments, and other community-based programming, to long-term care – Inglis meets the needs of the people we serve along the continuum of care.
Inglis has three key areas of programmatic focus under the “parent” of the Inglis organization, including: Inglis Housing Corporation, the largest private developer in the Philadelphia area of affordable, accessible independent living apartments for people with disabilities; Inglis House, our long-term care wheelchair community serving a younger population (average age is 54); and Community Support Services, a collection of programs that support people with disabilities who choose to live independently in the community. All of these services are supported with Inglis’ thought leadership in Adapted Technology and commitment to Person-Centered Care.
Inglis is a national leader in providing comprehensive care and services for people living with multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, spinal cord injuries and other neurological disorders resulting in some level of paralysis and mobility impairment.
Inglis serves more than 1,000 people directly, and many more indirectly through its website and other outreach activities supporting its mission to “enable people with disabilities – and those who care for them – to achieve their goals and live life to the fullest.”
Inglis welcomes great people without regard to disability, race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, military service, marital status, or any other characteristics, as protected by law. We encourage all Protected Veterans and the long-term unemployed to apply. Please send resume to Inglis Human Resources, 2600 Belmont Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19131 or via email to email@example.com EOE, M/F/D/V