HRIS Administrator/Benefits Specialist
The HRIS & Benefits Specialist will play a key role in supporting the HR Department and will be responsible for supporting the following functional areas: primary point of contact for the HRIS systems, key process owner for the administration and management of KRONOS and the employee benefits process. This position will also provide organization-wide reporting and analysis of trends as requested and will partner with the Director, HR Operations and the VP of Human Resources on the development and evaluation of HR processes that support the Person-Centered Care Methodology.
The HRIS & Benefits Specialist will also provide support for HR Projects as needed. This position needs to be results oriented to ensure targets are achieved and are consistent with Inglis Values and Standards of Excellence. To be successful, h/she must be mature, service oriented, an excellent team member and able to juggle multiple priorities with shifting agendas. It is essential that all duties be performed with the highest level of integrity, supports Inglis Values and Standards of Excellence and ensures compliance with regulatory agencies.
Education & Experience:
In addition to the necessary skills and experience to perform the responsibilities outlined above, there are a number of traits that a successful candidate will possess.
- Required - BA/BS preferred in Human Resources, Information Technology, Finance or related field and five (5) plus years of progressive experience in Human Resources or 10 plus years as an HR professional. SHRM- CP or SCP required or acquired within six months of employment.
- Must be technologically savvy with a working knowledge of current HRIS systems (KRONOS, highly preferred) including ad hoc reporting such as Crystal Reporting, Kronos and Microsoft suite applications.
- Strong work ethic, integrity and commitment to the Inglis vision and mission.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Human Resource Principles and guidelines.
- Excellent administrative, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Preferred industry experience – Non-profit, Nursing Homes, Healthcare, HR Practitioner in a law firm etc.
Essential Functions, Qualifications & Skills:
- Process all new hire information for all new employees in the HRIS system prior to orientation.
- Track union employee’s probationary status and ensure that their salary is adjusted accordingly.
- Processing of Personnel Action Notices (PAN) for employee status changes.
- Manage the health benefit billing reconciliation process monthly.
- Partner with Director, HR Operations & Employee Relations and VP, Human Resources and IT regarding HR technology and software solutions.
- Partner with the Director, HR Operations & Payroll on the timely processing of fiscal year-end bonuses, employee changes, sick/vacation roll-overs, union increases, position control, the management of the voluntary benefits process and other required projects.
- Partner with the Director of HR Operations with the planning and coordination of Open Enrollment including set-ups for carrier/plan changes and troubleshooting to assure that Employee Self Service (ESS) and enrollment are consistent.
- Partners with Director, HR Operations and VP, Human Resources on the pension audit process.
- Ensure overall integrity of the HRIS system through constant review of content and by partnering with IT to troubleshoot errors.
- Proactively identify requirements and funding and define the plan to implement and maintain technology/software solutions for improving process efficiency.
- Partner with IT on best practices to reduce costs and enhance customer service based on an understanding of HR business processes and web technology utilizing a variety of web workflow tools.
- Promote the HRIS system as a key tool for customers to understand and use efficiently throughout the organization.
- Partner HR Team members for accurate submission of Affirmative Action and EEOC reporting.
- Partner with IT to maintain and enhance HR systems by ensuring timely upgrades, interfaces, reports, techniques and tools to support the organization’s strategies and goals.
- Provides Kronos support to new hires and current employees.
Founded in 1877, Inglis has been supporting people with disabilities to live the lives they choose, where and how they choose. From adapted technology, independent living apartments, and other community-based programming, to long-term care – Inglis meets the needs of the people we serve along the continuum of care.
Inglis has three key areas of programmatic focus under the “parent” of the Inglis organization, including: Inglis Housing Corporation, the largest private developer in the Philadelphia area of affordable, accessible independent living apartments for people with disabilities; Inglis House, our long-term care wheelchair community serving a younger population (average age is 54); and Community Support Services, a collection of programs that support people with disabilities who choose to live independently in the community. All of these services are supported with Inglis’ thought leadership in Adapted Technology and commitment to Person-Centered Care.
Inglis is a national leader in providing comprehensive care and services for people living with multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, spinal cord injuries and other neurological disorders resulting in some level of paralysis and mobility impairment.
Inglis serves more than 1,000 people directly, and many more indirectly through its website and other outreach activities supporting its mission to “enable people with disabilities – and those who care for them – to achieve their goals and live life to the fullest.”
Inglis welcomes great people without regard to disability, race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, military service, marital status, or any other characteristics, as protected by law. We encourage all Protected Veterans and the long-term unemployed to apply. Please send resume to Inglis Human Resources, 2600 Belmont Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19131 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org EOE, M/F/D/V