Inglis House Human Resource Business Partner
Inglis enables people with disabilities – and those who care for them – to achieve their goals and live life to the fullest. The Human Resources Business Partner for Inglis House will play a key role in supporting Inglis House, Human Resources daily strategies activities and initiatives in functional areas which include: Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), Organizational Learning/Development, Recruitment, Onboarding, Employee & Labor Relations. He/She will demonstrate the ability to utilize a wide range of appropriate knowledge, skills, and attributes to achieve desired outcome and to incorporate new knowledge and skills into work performance within scope of the job responsibilities. This position will also provide support for HR projects as needed.
The Human Resource Business Partner will also serve as Inglis House Administrator for Kronos, iVista and Relias. This position will partner with the HR Recruiter on recruiting and retention strategies to effectively attract, train, motivate and retain employees. He/She will collaborate with the Director, HR Operations on the development and evaluation of HR processes around Employee & Labor Relations that support the Person-Centered Care Methodology. To be successful, He/She must be mature, service oriented, an excellent team member and able to handle multiple priorities with shifting agendas. It is essential that all duties be performed with the highest level of integrity, supports Inglis Values and Standards of Excellence and ensures compliance with regulatory agencies.
Education & Experience
In addition to the necessary skills and experience to perform the responsibilities outlined above, there are many traits that a successful candidate will possess.
- Required - BA/BS preferred in Human Resources or related field or 2 plus years of progressive experience in Human Resources.
- SHRM- CP or SCP preferred.
- 2 + years of experience with recruiting
- Successful experience partnering and relationship building with management and staffing agencies
- Adaptable and creative in professional environments
- Must be technologically savvy with a working knowledge of iVista HRIS system, Kronos and Microsoft suite applications.
- Strong project management skillsets and the understanding that learning and training is one of constant change.
- Strong work ethic, integrity and commitment to the Inglis vision and mission.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Human Resource Principles and guidelines. Excellent administrative, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Preferred industry experience – Non-profit, Nursing Homes, Healthcare, HR Practitioner in a law firm etc.
Essential Functions, Qualifications & Skills:
HR Employee & Labor Relations
- Utilizes solid business acumen to counsels House managers, employees concerning interpretation of HR Policies and CBA (Collective Bargaining Agreement) while making sound and consistent recommendations.
- Builds performance-based relationships with managers, employees and delegates to maintain positive working relations.
- Leverages support from Director, HR Operations & Employee Relations to adhere and comply to the CBA with good will and intent.
- Displays knowledge of Human Resources Laws and Acts (FLSA, NLRA, ADA, DOL etc.), Local, State and Federal guidelines to comply and support Inglis’ mission and business needs.
- Leverages support from Director, HR Operations & Employee Relations Human Resources on legal and compliance matters that impact Inglis’ ability to operate and maintain operations.
- Coordinates with onboarding process with HR Recruiter and HR Administrative Assistant, including completion of new hire paperwork and coordinating Nursing Orientation.
- Assists HR Recruiter with coordinating Recruiting events
- Upholds responsibility to ensure job postings are posted in designated areas and removed accordingly in a timely manner according to the CBA.
- Provides administrative support for recruiting activities and initiatives, including, but is not limited to posting job openings, attending career fairs, coordinating interviews, and generating offer letters.
- Coordinates and assists with the new hire process, including assisting and ensuring new hires properly complete on-boarding paperwork, submitting and processing paperwork with appropriate persons, creating new employee files, coordinating orientation, and supporting training efforts.
- Provides system support for employee inquiries regarding PDS iVista and Kronos
- Ensures compliance with Performance Management Process.
- Ability to direct and answer employee concerns and issues; knowing when to escalate to the Administrator and/or HR Operations Team.
- Ensure consistent application of policy & procedures to include employee performance improvement notice actions.
- Audits, tracks, and conducts follow up on new hire paperwork and benefits, including but not limited to the following: applications, background release forms, policy acknowledgements, Form I-9 and associated documentation
- Support Exit Interview process by interviewing employees whom voluntarily are terminating employment and providing analysis and trends.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations impacting Human Resources functions ensuring policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance.
- Demonstrates mutual respect for diversity.
Organizational Learning Support
- Serves as lead House Relias Administrator for all manager and employee inquiries related to login and password restriction, limitations and errors.
- Supports Organizational Development & Organizational Learning to collect, enter, maintain and report data for all House required Relias live training that is completed.
- Works with HRIS & Benefits Specialist to partner with HRIS System Vendors to continually seek opportunities to maximize and enhance current HRIS capabilities and strengthen limitations.
- Acts as subject matter expert for Kronos iVista HRIS System ensuring data integrity, testing system changes and analyzing data flows for improvement in processes.
- Provides iVista HRIS System support including researching and resolving issues, or process flaws; performing scheduled activities; recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Collaborates with Hiring Manager and HR Recruiter to ensure preemployment requirements for open roles are met to deliver diverse and qualified candidates.
- Counsels Hiring Manager on HR Recruiting process and Occupational Health process maintaining confidentiality, compliance and integrity while supporting the onboarding of new hires during 30,60,90 Day Check In’s.
- Plays a pivotal role in planning and coordinating Nursing New Hire Orientation while ensuring a good new hire experience.
- Supports HR Recruiter in coordinating and attending HR Recruiting events (Job Fairs, Community Based Events, Seminars / Conferences) to attract, motivate and retain candidates while upholding fiscal responsibility.
- Assists HR Recruiter to develop new and maintain existing Community / Agency relationships to attract candidates.
- Partners with HR Recruiter to develop and implement recruiting strategies for temporary and permanent employees.
- Upholds responsibility to ensure job posting are posted in designated areas and removed accordingly in a timely manner according to the CBA.
- Assists HR Recruiter with defining, tracking, analyzing trends and reporting recruiting metrics.
Founded in 1877, Inglis has been supporting people with disabilities to live the lives they choose, where and how they choose. From adapted technology, independent living apartments, and other community-based programming, to long-term care – Inglis meets the needs of the people we serve along the continuum of care.
Inglis has three key areas of programmatic focus under the “parent” of the Inglis organization, including: Inglis Housing Corporation, the largest private developer in the Philadelphia area of affordable, accessible independent living apartments for people with disabilities; Inglis House, our long-term care wheelchair community serving a younger population (average age is 54); and Community Support Services, a collection of programs that support people with disabilities who choose to live independently in the community. All of these services are supported with Inglis’ thought leadership in Adapted Technology and commitment to Person-Centered Care.
Inglis is a national leader in providing comprehensive care and services for people living with multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, spinal cord injuries and other neurological disorders resulting in some level of paralysis and mobility impairment.
Inglis serves more than 1,000 people directly, and many more indirectly through its website and other outreach activities supporting its mission to “enable people with disabilities – and those who care for them – to achieve their goals and live life to the fullest.”
Inglis welcomes great people without regard to disability, race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, military service, marital status, or any other characteristics, as protected by law. We encourage all Protected Veterans and the long-term unemployed to apply. Please send resume to Inglis Human Resources, 2600 Belmont Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19131 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org EOE, M/F/D/V