Regional Property ManagerApply Now
The Inglis Housing Corporation (IHC) is seeking a self-starter with strong leadership experience to oversee all management operations in Southeastern Pennsylvania and Southern New Jersey regions. The Regional Property Manager (RPM) will use skills and experience to ensure positive investor, owner, tenant, peer, and employee relations and must have strong technical skills in compliance, financial reporting and operations management. The RPM will work in concert with IHC leadership to ready new communities and to ensure excellence in IHC property management for the benefit of all tenants of IHC including persons with disabilities.
The RPM is responsible for all affordable communities across IHC portfolios including oversight, general administration and maintenance of the physical plant. The RPM directs all property management personnel. The RPM oversees all resources to ensure that properties are always well maintained and in positive financial position. The RPM must possess Certified Occupancy Specialist designation, Fair Housing Certification, Low Income Housing Tax Credit Certification, Assisted Housing Manager, Certified Apartment Manager, Certified Property Manager (CPM), Real Estate License or demonstrated equivalent experience. If not already secured, a CPM and Real Estate License designation must be obtained within the first 12 months of hire.
Education & Experience:
In addition to the necessary skills and experience to perform the responsibilities outlined above, there are several traits that a successful candidate will possess.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have 10+ years of Property Management Supervisory experience
- Must be a Certified Occupancy Specialist or equivalent.
- Must be a Certified Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Specialist or equivalent
- Must be a Certified Fair Housing Coordinator or equivalent
- Certified Property Manager preferred but not required and required within 12 months of hire.
- Advanced knowledge of property management accounting and general procedures.
- Pleasant personality and ability to work with and understand the problems and concerns of tenants.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of site and corporate staff.
- Ability to solve tenant, employee, and financial issues.
- Ability to rotate work schedule if another project site needs property management coverage.
- Must wear professional attire as required.
- Neat and legible handwriting and capacity to keep accurate, up-to-date records.
- Must be proficient in use of business equipment including fax, telephone, calculator, copier and computer.
- Must possess knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, Outlook, Word, Publisher and internet search engines.
- Working knowledge of industry property management software Yardi preferred
- Valid driver’s license and insured vehicle are required.
Essential Functions, Qualifications & Skills:
Administration of Assigned IHC Communities
- Oversee the onboarding of new tenants and communities into IHC.
- Ensure that staff acts as main point of contact for all tenants and provide prompt, superior customer service.
- Assist in creating quality communities with tenants and encourage the formation of tenant councils.
- Engage Inglis Service Coordination to assist tenants in achieving the highest level of independence.
- Oversee the resolution of tenant complaints and meet with tenants when necessary.
- Travel between all sites of the IHC and perform regular site visits to ensure smooth functioning of operations including progress of occupancy, renovation, and routine maintenance projects.
- Work in conjunction with property management staff to implement and execute preventative maintenance programs to ensure structural, physical appearance, equipment and safety issues are addressed and corrective actions are immediately implemented.
- Assist with recruiting, retaining, and developing staff at all levels.
- Be available on evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays to support staff and tenants during emergencies.
Compliance, Systems and Controls
- Ensure compliance with property condition, safety, licensing, and quality standards.
- Monitor internal processes of inventory control and purchasing; maximize revenue and expense for each property.
- Prepare financial reporting and budget variance analysis.
- Oversee annual budgeting process with property managers and key staff.
- Ensure that all leases and addendums are prepared in accordance with HUD/LIHTC/PHFA/PHA guidelines.
- Ensure that rent is collected and processed and that subsidy payments are posted in the compliance software.
- Submit HUD initial certifications and recertification’s through the compliance software and TRACS system in accordance with HUD guidelines and requirements.
- Upload Tenant Income Certifications and Annual Recertification’s into the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency portal for Low Income Housing Tax Credit tenants in accordance with their guidelines.
- Submit all HUD subsidy billing through the compliance software and HUD TRACS system by the 5th of each month for the following months payment.
- Prepare for all inspections including DHUD, REAC, MOR, PHFA, PHA and County. Report any deficiencies to the Director or designee within 24 hours and remediate deficiencies with 20 business days of receipt.
- Respond promptly to all Compliance Line calls.
- Complete HUD & LIHTC compliance reporting as required.
- Read and be familiar with all LURA, Regulatory Agreements and Investor requirements.
- Ensure that incident reports are submitted to the Director and Inglis within 24 hours pf incident
- Follow established purchasing and invoice processing protocol
- Ensure that facility compliance software is used by all staff to create, track and maintain work orders.
- Completes annual and employee performance updates and reviews.
- Councils and guides employees to assist in peak performance.
- Follows disciplinary action procedures and maintains accurate files.
- Supervises, Administrative Support personnel, Maintenance Coordinators and Maintenance Technicians.
- Provide support to the Director, Employee & Labor Relations when investigating and responding to disciplinary matters, EEOC complaints; internal and external complaints/grievances/inquiries etc.
Founded in 1877, Inglis has been supporting people with disabilities to live the lives they choose, where and how they choose. From adapted technology, independent living apartments, and other community-based programming, to long-term care – Inglis meets the needs of the people we serve along the continuum of care.
Inglis has three key areas of programmatic focus under the “parent” of the Inglis organization, including: Inglis Housing Corporation, the largest private developer in the Philadelphia area of affordable, accessible independent living apartments for people with disabilities; Inglis House, our long-term care wheelchair community serving a younger population (average age is 54); and Community Support Services, a collection of programs that support people with disabilities who choose to live independently in the community. All of these services are supported with Inglis’ thought leadership in Adapted Technology and commitment to Person-Centered Care.
Inglis is a national leader in providing comprehensive care and services for people living with multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, spinal cord injuries and other neurological disorders resulting in some level of paralysis and mobility impairment.
Inglis serves more than 1,000 people directly, and many more indirectly through its website and other outreach activities supporting its mission to “enable people with disabilities – and those who care for them – to achieve their goals and live life to the fullest.”
Inglis welcomes great people without regard to disability, race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, military service, marital status, or any other characteristics, as protected by law. We encourage all Protected Veterans and the long-term unemployed to apply. Please send resume to Inglis Human Resources, 2600 Belmont Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19131 or via email to email@example.com EOE, M/F/D/V