Engineer IApply Now
Inglis enables people with disabilities – and those who care for them – to achieve their goals and live life to the fullest.
It is essential that all duties are performed with the highest level of integrity, while supporting Inglis Values and Standards of Excellence, ensuring the achievement of competencies and compliance with regulatory agencies.
The primary purpose of your job position is to ensure the safe and efficient functioning of the physical plant which may include but is not limited to: HVAC systems and facility mechanical equipment. May performs testing and maintenance of HVAC equipment and kitchen equipment. Ensures safety of all electrical systems. Performs general carpentry and painting tasks as assigned. He/she will be responsible to perform maintenance, repairs and adjustments to high pressure vessels. This will require the incumbent to hold the Philadelphia Class A Stationary Engineer Certificate. If hired without the certification, he/she must obtain a certification within the first year.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
PEOPLE & TEAM LEADERSHIP
• Champion for culture change and supportive leadership
• Demonstrates Inglis people and leadership values and behaviors
• Demonstrates the ability to follow-up on schedules, set priorities and achieve deadlines
• Demonstrates the Inglis Code of Conduct and builds trusted partnerships throughout the Inglis organization.
• Establishes and maintains effective relationships by gaining trust and respect.
• Is approachable and easy to talk with; puts forth an extra effort to make people at ease; is patience and builds rapport with customers and is a good listener.
• A team player and has the trust and support of peers.
• Promotes collaboration within the department
• Demonstrates politeness and respectfulness and evidences the self-awareness of the effect of her/his behavior on others.
• Demonstrates mutual respect for diversity, equity and inclusion
• Actively engages in the use of computer systems and technology to enhance the day-to-day flow of information.
• Experience with Kronos/UKG.
• Able to combine multiple sources of data to solve existing problems
• Office 365 – Able to use Office 365 suite to manage calendaring, virtual meetings, basic tasks in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and comfortable using Microsoft Teams.
Time Management- Able to determine the appropriate allocation of time for daily work and projects.
Space Management- Effectively manages the workspace (i.e. keeps a clean and organized office, appropriately handles all paperwork, maintains control over the physical environment, etc.)
Task Management- Balances conflicting priorities to manage workflow, ensure the completion of essential projects, and meet critical deadlines.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
In addition to the necessary skills and experience to perform the responsibilities outlined above, there are a number of traits that a successful candidate will possess.
• High school education / GED or Trade School required.
• Five (5) years’ experience in plant engineering or related field preferred. Philadelphia Stationary Engineer Grade A Certification Preferred.
• Must possess general knowledge of Life Safety Code and National Electrical Code. Must posses ability to read blue prints, schematics and equipment manuals. Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
• Must function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel and support agencies.
• Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility which include a medical and physical examination.
• Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times hostile people within the facilityMust be able to push, pull, move and/or lift a minimum of fifty pounds to a minimum height of five feet and be able to push, pull, move and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of fifteen feet.