Maintenance Technician (IHC)Apply Now
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for all phases of maintenance and repair of a property, including, but not limited to, the general and mechanical maintenance of the physical plant and building systems, budget control and adherence, inventory control and the over site of porter and janitorial functions; to direct and control all maintenance and engineering vendors and resources to the extent that the property is well maintained at all times, and in good physical condition. Must attend educational seminars and classes as required by the established training protocol. Must complete required reports and maintain preventative maintenance schedule as described. May be required to supervise Assistant Maintenance Technician and/or Janitor.
Education & Experience
In addition to the necessary skills and experience to perform the responsibilities outlined above, there are a number of traits that a successful candidate will possess.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree required.
- College-level degree or coursework in engineering preferred and/or five years’ experience as a Property Management Maintenance Worker.
- Pleasant personality and ability to accurately interpret instructions from management/supervisor.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff.
- Must be able to effectively, respectfully and compassionately communicate with residents. Must be able to troubleshoot issues and manage work order requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to solve tenant emergency repair issues on-site.
- Ability to rotate work schedule if another community needs maintenance coverage.
- Must wear company uniform at all times.
- Neat and legible handwriting and capacity to keep accurate, up-to-date records.
- Basic computer and internet capabilities
- Preferred industry experience – Residential Property Management
Inglis' Mission is to enable people with disabilities — and those who care for them — to achieve their goals and live life to the fullest Inglis House is a specialized, skilled nursing, long-term care community based in Philadelphia, PA.
Inglis welcomes great people without regard to disability, race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, military service, marital status, or any other characteristics, as protected by law. We encourage all Protected Veterans and the long-term unemployed to apply. Please send resume to Inglis Human Resources, 2600 Belmont Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19131 or via email to email@example.com EOE, M/F/D/V