Manager of Statewide ProgramsApply Now
The Manager of Statewide Programs is responsible for provision of day-to-day visionary leadership and oversight for one of SDHP’s regional territories, and the day-to-day supervision of a team of Regional Housing Coordinators (RHC). The Manager of Statewide Programs is also responsible for conducting relevant trainings, seminars, webinars, on an array of affordable and accessible housing topics in his/her regional territory. This position requires frequent overnight travel on behalf of SDHP.
This position serves the Eastern half of the Commonwealth and would supervise staff and programming in the following counties. Tioga, Bradford, Susquehanna, Wayne, Lackawanna, Wyoming, Sullivan, Lycoming, Union, Northumberland, Montour, Columbia, Luzerne, Monroe, Pike, Carbon, Schuylkill, Snyder, Mifflin, Juniata, Perry, Dauphin, Lebanon, Berks, Lehigh, Northampton, Bucks, Montgomery, Philadelphia, Delaware, Chester, Lancaster, Lebanon, York, Cumberland, Adams, Franklin.
• Lead, manage, mentor, and supervise a team of RHCs and interns across multiple counties.
• Lead, supervise, coordinate, and actively participate on one or more internal project work teams, as directed.
• Conduct weekly staff meetings with RHCs, quarterly or semi-annual training meetings, bi-weekly individual supervision meetings and consistent electronic and telephonic communication with direct reports.
• Provide training and ongoing support for newly hired RHCs.
• Organize development opportunities for regional team to come together for shared learning.
• Interface with local housing officials, representatives of social service providers, local housing entities, landlords and property managers, Commonwealth Agency Executives, and donors to generate awareness and promote affordable, accessible, and integrated housing opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
• Conduct proactive outreach to organizations serving individuals with disabilities and older adults to generate awareness and promote affordable, accessible, and integrated housing opportunities for individuals with disabilities and older adults.
• Attend relevant local and regional housing meetings, conferences, and seminars as necessary on behalf of the organization, as necessary.
• Represent the organization on relevant external committees, as directed.
• Develop expertise in the laws and regulations related to fair housing, tenants’ reasonable accommodation, accessible home modification, the 811 Program, and others.
• Proactively develop actionable regional plans to assist housing providers to market available properties to individuals with disabilities and older adults.
• Conduct an array of accessible housing trainings and educational seminars across multiple counties, as directed.
• Develop regional action plans, strategies, and approaches to generate awareness and promote affordable, accessible, and integrated housing opportunities for individuals with disabilities and older adults.
• Ensure that the organization’s trainings, educational seminars, webinars, are scheduled appropriately, and that program materials and agency databases are kept up to date at all time.
• Collaboratively develop processes to evaluate the quality of all training and educational offerings.
• Collaborate with other Regional Program Managers to implement regional processes, practices and infrastructure to improve the quality and effectiveness of the organization’s programs.
• Collaborate with other Regional Program Managers to identify program priorities, key performance outcomes and make well-supported recommendations to the Executive director.
• Approve staff travel requests and other business expenses, within budgetary guidelines.
• Generate cogent weekly and monthly reports using available office software technology.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelors’ degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
• Three plus years’ experience supervising the work of professional staff.
• Experience working with people with disabilities (highly preferred).
• Experience in accessible housing or related field (highly preferred).
• Educational curriculum/content development (highly preferred).
Required Skills and Abilities
• Strong oral and written presentation skills
• Ability to manage the activities of a team
• Ability to think strategically and critically about an array of complex issues
• Ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision
• Ability to interact constructively with individuals of opposing viewpoints
• Ability to plan and manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
• Proactive, punctual, and excellent work ethic