RN Inglis Day Program NurseApply Now
Inglis enables people with disabilities – and those who care for them – to achieve their goals and live life to the fullest.
It is essential that all duties are performed with the highest level of integrity, while supporting Inglis Values and Standards of Excellence, ensuring the achievement of competencies and compliance with regulatory agencies.
The Day Program Nurse at Connections – the Inglis Adult Day Program - provides nursing and personal care services to Connections participants. The Program Nurse is part of a team that focuses on the wellness of all participants and provides meaningful activities and care to those who attend the program. The nurse is responsible for creating a culture of respect and dignity for the participants and staff daily. Overall daily tasks include making sure medications are administered, physical health needs addressed, and wellness education is provided. As part of the team, the nurse is also expected to provide personal care services and participate in activities throughout the day such as assisting during meal and snack times and engaging with participants during activities.
The Day Program Nurse is also responsible for tasks related to program and licensure compliance for the Connections. This includes ensuring all participant charts contain annual medical evaluations, annual program assessments, and medication administration documentation is complete and accurate at all times.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
• Creates a culture of respect and dignity by engaging with all participants and staff on a daily basis, and role modeling personal centered approaches to interpersonal interactions.
• Provides medication administration in accordance with documented physicians’ orders for any participants who require medications during the program day. This includes ensuring we have enough supply of the medications, administering according to training and regulations, and completing accurate and timely documentation.
• Monitors participant health and wellness on a daily basis. This includes taking vital signs and communicating any concerns with program staff, as well as participant’s natural supports and medical care providers as needed.
• Administers and read TB skin tests for participants with valid prescriptions.
• Responds to participant emergencies and provides appropriate interventions as needed.
• Maintains ongoing professional and compassionate communication with participants’ natural supports.
• Participants with eating assistance and supervision of participants during meals.
• Reports concerns of participant abuse or neglect to Program Manager or designee and participates in the formal reporting of such instances to the appropriate reporting agency.
• Ensures all nursing care is provided in accordance with infectious disease precautions and policies.
• Ensures participant privacy is protected in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Completes documentation accurately and timely as required by licensure regulations and scope of practice expectations. Regular documentation includes Medication Administration, monthly progress notes and annual assessments.
• Actively participates in the development and implementation of the annual individual service/care plan for participants.
• Meets on a 1-1 basis with all participants regularly. Schedule to be established based on participant needs and wants.
• Monitors current public health concerns and mandates and communicates information and expectations with program leadership and staff.
• Creates and presents/delivers programming on health and wellness for program participants.
• Completes annual reviews of program policies. This includes addressing updates and/or changes that may be needed within health care related policies for the program.
• Ensures there is always an appropriate amount of medical supplies present at the program. This includes submitting requests to program leadership for additional supplies as needed.
• Ensures compliance with all licensures and Inglis policies and procedures including but not limited to attendance, training expectations, managing emergencies.
PERSON CENTERED CARE
• Champion for culture change and supportive leadership.
• Demonstrates a real sense of inquiry and a personal willingness to learn.
• Demonstrates the ability to take responsible actions within the parameters of the role without a constant need to be directed by others.
• Demonstrates politeness and respectfulness and evidences the self-awareness of the effect of her/his behavior on others.
• Demonstrates mutual respect for diversity.
PEOPLE & TEAM LEADERSHIP
• Demonstrates Inglis people and leadership values and behaviors
• Demonstrates the ability to follow-up on schedules, set priorities and achieve deadlines
• Demonstrates the Inglis Code of Conduct and builds trusted partnerships throughout the Inglis organization.
• Establishes and maintains effective relationships by gaining trust and respect.
• Is approachable and easy to talk with; puts forth an extra effort to make people at ease; is patient and builds rapport with customers and is a good listener.
• A team player and has the trust and support of peers.
• Promotes collaboration within the department
• Actively engages in the use of computer systems and technology to enhance the day-to-day flow of information
• Understands common computer terminology, computer fundamentals
• Understands and efficiently uses basic computer hardware such as a mouse, and telecommunication devices
• Understands the use of the internet/intranet applications and file management including file saving, storage and basic data controls
• Responds to emails and calendar requests in a timely manner using Outlook
• Understands IT security, i.e., no sharing of passwords, processes, best practices including email encryption and enlisting help of IT help desk as needed.
• Possesses general knowledge of how to interface with a computer, i.e., use of mouse, resizing windows, etc.
ROLE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Relationship Management: Create a trusting environment by:
• Following through on promises and concerns
• Establishing mechanisms to follow-up on commitments
• Balancing the concerns of individuals with organizational goals and objectives
• Engaging staff and others in decision-making
• Communicating in a way as to maintain credibility and relationship
Creativity/Innovation- Looks for opportunities to apply new and evolving ideas, methods, designs, and technologies.
Builds Networks: Builds strong formal and informal networks. Maintains relationships across a variety of functions and locations and draws upon multiple relationships to exchange ideas, resources, and know how.
Problem Solving/Analysis. Considers multiple sides of an issue. Weighs consequences before making final decision. Makes informed decisions based on available information. Recognizes issues, and determines actions needed to advance the decision-making process. Follow up as necessary.
Adaptability: Demonstrates flexibility in the face of change and projects a positive demeanor and shows the ability the manage conflicting priorities without the loss of composure. Can remain calm and productive, even when things are “up in the air”. Deals constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
In addition to the necessary skills and experience to perform the responsibilities outlined above, there are a number of traits that a successful candidate will possess.
• Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent required
• Current Registered Nurse (RN) license required
• Minimum of one year of experience in a hospital, long term care facility, or home health agency preferred
• Proven experience with navigating customer needs along with complex family and service involvement
• Experience and/or comfort level in working with people with various physical or mental abilities is required
• Demonstrated experience managing cross-functional work teams, including employees as well as consultants and contractors
• Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills are required for the successful management of this function
• Ability to prioritize work, manage time, and demonstrate excellent organizational skills and initiative to improve processes
• Demonstrated organizational skills
• Demonstrated proficiency with the Microsoft suite of programs: Word, Excel, Outlook
• Flexible thinker, with an ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment.
• Valid Driver’s license or state ID and dependable transportation required